In this episode of “Voices for the Animals”, host Dab Steadman talks with Matthew Liebman, Director of Litigation at the Animal Legal Defense Fund, which is a non-profit organization best known for taking impactful lawsuits to court nationwide in order to protect animals' lives and to advance their interests through the legal system.
We’ll be focusing on some of the current cases that the ALDF is handling, including: over-turning Ag-Gag laws; an animal’s right to sue an abusing owner in court ; rights pertaining to the labeling of plant-based meat substitutes, and disclosing cruel experiments on kittens at the SUNY college of Optometry.
The ALDF does many other things as well, as stated on their website, as follows:
- Filing groundbreaking lawsuits to stop animal abuse and expand the boundaries of animal law.
- Providing free legal assistance to prosecutors handling cruelty cases.
- Working to strengthen state anti-cruelty statutes.
- Encouraging the federal government to enforce existing animal protection laws.
- Nurturing the future of animal law through Animal Legal Defense Fund Student Chapters and our Animal Law Program.
- Providing public education through seminars, workshops and other outreach efforts.
To learn more about the Animal Legal Defense Fund, you can go to their website at: https://aldf.org/
or visit them on: FaceBook; Twitter; Instagram; YouTube; Linked-In.