May 2, 2018
- Inessa Anderson talks with new contributor Bonnie Michelle. Bonnie describes herself as a "perpetual student", and has devoted herself to the the art of conversation - specifically, using conversation to explore the deeper meaning of the journey of life. She created a website, Rain For Salt, and became a healer.
- New contributor Bonnie Michelle chats with her daughter, Ruby Violet, about love and moms, and offering some solid advice for the moms out there about self-care - including the magic powers of ice cream.
- The May episode of The She-Ra Solution, host Kristin Thiel talks about the divine marriage of two artists: Rosa Bonheur and Anna Klumpke - a unique partnership based on respect and admiration in the mid-1800s. The She-Ra Solution is inspired by Maria Teresa Hart’s article, "She Ra and the Fight Against the Token Girl", published in The Atlantic.
- Per:mutations, hosted by Leidi Monte, presents a compilation of voices introducing her work in media. Guest Names: (in order of appearance), Leni Stern, Levi Winkler, Candi Brings Plenty, Kingsley, Eden Page & Eliz, Erin Keely Whitworth Machado, Renee Sills, BLK + IVY, DBate Production Crew, Dr. Judi Herring, Abyss Infinite, Ashley Kervabon, Ev’yan Whitney.
- Closing song: local singer-songwriter Joanne Hodges with "Exit the Scene" from her debut album, "World Of Time."
Resources for Episode 15
On Bonnie Michelle:
- Rain For Salt website: https://www.rainforsalt.com/
On the She-Ra Solution:
- Hart, Maria Teresa. “She-Ra and the Fight Against the Token Girl.” The Atlantic, June 16, 2016. https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/06/she-ra-the-female-centric-80s-kids-show/487145/.
- Theme song: SassyBlack. “Me and Mines (Cute Chicks).” https://sassyblack.bandcamp.com/track/me-and-mines-cute-chicks.
- Chernick, Karen. “160 Years Before the Frida Kahlo Barbie, a Rose Bonheur Doll Celebrated a Queer Woman Painter.” Hyperallergic, March 22, 2018, https://hyperallergic.com/433726/frida-kahlo-barbie-rosa-bonheur-doll/.
- Chernick, Karen. “The Portrait That Forged a ‘Divine Marriage’ Between Two 19th-Century Women Painters.” Hyperallergic, April 16, 2018, https://hyperallergic.com/437985/the-portrait-that-forged-a-divine-marriage-between-two-19th-century-women-painters/.
On Joanne Hodges:
- World Of Time: https://joannehodges.bandcamp.com/releases
Dennise M. Kowalczyk
Inessa Anderson – Bonnie Michelle
Bonnie Michelle – Ruby Violet
Leidi Monte – Per:mutation
Kristin Theil – She Ra Solution
Dennise M. Kowalczyk (Executive Producer/Editor)
Vicky Mazzone (Web)