Since 1987, the Final Fantasy series of role-playing videogames have entertained young and old alike. No numbered entry in the series is alike- one game might take place in a dystopian sci-fi future while another might be set in a lush high fantasy world. Despite these differences, one thing these games have in common is great music. The latest in series, Final Fantasy XV, is coming out in November 2016 after being in development for a decade.
So, grab onto your broadsword and mount your chocobo. It's time to listen to some of classic tracks from the Final Fantasy video games.
On today's program:
- Matoya's Cave - Final Fantasy (NES) (Nobuo Uematsu)
- Cute Little Tozas - Final Fantasy III (NES) (Nobuo Uematsu)
- Exdeath's Castle - Final Fantasy V (SNES) (Nobuo Uematsu)
- Fisherman's Horizon - Final Fantasy VII (PSX) (Nobuo Uematsu)
- Chocobo Jam - Final Fantasy X (PS2) (Nobuo Uematsu)
- Battle Drum - Final Fantasy XII (PS2) (Hitoshi Sakamoto)
- Blinded by Light - Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) (Masashi Hamauzu)
- Limitless Blue - Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward (PS4) (Masayoshi Soken)
- Camping Theme - Final Fantasy XV (PS4) (Yoko Shimomura)